The Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) has introduced an easy way for holders of the Emirate Identity Card to renew it remotely from anywhere around the world without having to be present in the UAE. The Emirate ID is a compulsory official identity card that indigenes and ex-pats in the UAE must have as it comes with numerous benefits and not having one or failure to renew it at the appropriate time exposes one to payment of fine.
As it is important to renew the Emirate ID when due, it is sometimes complicated for people who travel most of the time that is why the UAE government has provided a new measure considering those who are mostly travelers have the opportunity to renew their Emirate ID from anywhere.
A core condition you must fulfill before you can make use of this service is that you have to be the one personally making the application via the appropriate Smart App. This invariably suggests that you can not make this application for renewal via a printing center or dedicate someone to apply for you.
The ICP has provided the requisite criteria that you must fulfill to ensure that your personal photos submitted are accepted and they are;
- Wear the official attire of the United Arab Emirates
- You are to use head coverings in accordance with customs and traditions
- Make use of a white background
- Provide a high-quality and recent colored photo taken within the last six months
- Ensure that your head is positioned straight and parallel to the camera lens
- Make sure both eyes are open and facing the camera without colored contact lenses
- Maintain a neutral facial expression
- The picture resolution should be at least 600 dots per inch, free from wrinkles
- Ascertain that the glasses do not obstruct the eyes or cause reflections
When making an application for renewal, you should ensure that all data entered during the application are accurate. Such information is to be verified before making payment to avoid delays in the processing of your application. At the conclusion of your application, you are to also verify the accuracy of your phone number, email address, and your preferred delivery method which are all to be provided in the electronic form.
You can contact us for free legal advice online in Dubai in order to provide you with more insight about the renewal of your Emirate ID or passport.
We provide legal services ranging from company formation, intellectual property, family law, immigration legislation, and a host of others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and India.